Her musical career began when her band Poplyfe appeared on America’s Got Talent. The ensemble captured the attention of a broader audience during the sixth season of America’s Got Talent, placing fourth. She later left the group to reinvent herself as a solo artist.
Kehlani rose to prominence as a solo artist after the release of her debut mixtape, Cloud 19, which became a hit and made her one of the most popular musicians in the world. The singer rose to prominence with the 2015 release of her second mixtape, You Should Be Here, which was a commercial hit. This album debuted at number five on the R&B/Hip-Hop chart and earned her first Grammy Award in the Best Urban Contemporary Album category.
Kehlani’s debut studio album, named SweetSexySavage, was eventually released in 2017. She has since released less music, including mixtapes, albums, and hit singles. She collaborated with prominent artists such as Chance the Rapper, G-Eazy, PARTYNEXTDOOR, and many others. Must Read Karan Aujla Net Worth.
Kehlani Net Worth
What is the Net Worth of Kehlani in 2022?
As of 2022, Kehlani, an American singer, songwriter, and dancer from Oakland, had a net worth of $6 million. After gaining fame as a member of the teen group Poplyfe, she became one of the most promising female musicians in the music industry. You May also Like Olivia Sanabia Net Worth.
View this post on Instagram
Wikis of Kehlani
|Net Worth||$6 Million|
|Age||27 years old|
|Date Of Birth||April 24, 1995|
|Annual Income||$500 thousand +|
|Profession||American Singer, Songwriter|
Early Life of Kehlani: Born, Age, Parents, Siblings
What is Kehlani Age?
Kehlani Ashley Parrish was born on April 24, 1995, in Oakland, California, where she grew up. She is of mixed race, with white, black, American Indian, Spanish, and Filipino ancestry. At the time of Kehlani’s premature birth, her mother was on the run from the authorities.
Her parents were both drug addicts, and her father died when she was two years old. Her mother was frequently incarcerated, leaving Kehlani to be reared in foster care until her aunt adopted her.
During that period, Kehlani was responsible for her aunt’s children and lived in a run-down duplex where everything, including the furnace, sink, and washing machine, was broken. Kehlani was relieved to have a safe residence, and things were generally going well. When her mother re-entered her life, she had two younger children and continued to use narcotics intermittently. Kehlani was able to visit, but she would be heartbroken when she was forcibly removed from her mother’s residence.
She had a muscular build and an umbilical hernia on her stomach about the same time that she began to struggle with body image issues. She did not feel feminine and always wore as much clothing as possible. Must Read Tai Lopez Net Worth.
Kehlani attended Oakland School of the Arts, where she excelled as an actress. Her primary focus was on dancing, and her professors and classmates widely appreciated her brilliance. After sustaining an injury, she was forced to change her concentration and began singing.
Body Measurements: Height,Weight
What is Kehlani Height?
Kehlani has an average height and weight of 5 feet 7 inches and 51 kg with a thin and fit physique. Additionally, she has black hair and brown eyes. In addition, her bra size is 38c, and her body measurement is (33-25-33).
Relationship Status: Dating
Who is Kehlani Boyfriend?
In December of 2014, Kehlani began dating the rapper PartyNextDoor. This marked the start of Kehlani’s solo career. In July 2015, the rapper also released the single Kehlani’s freestyle. In October of that year, the pair ended their relationship. The rapper uploaded an Instagram photo of her hand, hinting that he had reconciled with her. Fans were outraged on Twitter and other social media platforms because she was cheating on Kyrie.
Kyrie pointed out in a tweet that Kehlani and PartyNextDoor had already broken up before the post was published. Still, the abuse continued, and it had a significant impact on Kehlani. Late in the month of March, Kehlani attempted suicide.
She was brought to the hospital and published a photo of her arm connected to an IV along with the comment, “Today I wanted to leave this earth. But don’t believe the blogs you’ve been reading; no one was cheated on and I’m not a horrible girl; everyone is hurting and everyone is in a place of misperception. Today, though, I had no desire to see tomorrow. But God preserved me for a reason, and I must be grateful.” She canceled her Instagram and Twitter accounts after posting that.
In January of 2016, Kehlani’s relationship with NBA superstar Kyrie Irving was confirmed. However, they broke up shortly after their relationship became public.
Kehlani was in a relationship with guitarist Javaughn Young-White between 2018 and 2019. Kehlani gave birth to her first child, a daughter called Adeya Nomi Parrish Young-White, on March 23, 2019.
Kehlani is openly bisexual and had both girlfriends and boyfriends as a youngster. She began dating for the first time in ninth school, but ended the relationship as she wrestled with her sexual identity. Simultaneously, Kehlani was recruited as a vocalist for a local teen cover band called Poplyfe, which featured other school performances.
His kids and nephew Jaden Wiggins, Dylan, Dillon Ingram, Ali-Khan Lochin, and Denzel Merritt were members of the group, which was managed by music producer D’wayne Wiggins. The band played numerous gigs until gaining a breakthrough slot on America’s Got Talent’s sixth season in 2011.
The team came in fourth place. Not exactly the outcome they had hoped for, but being on the world’s stage with everyone watching was excellent exposure. The band began touring with actress Zendaya’s “Swag It Out Tour” from that point forward. However, immediately after the performance, Kehlani departed the group due to management and contract conflicts.
View this post on Instagram
- At the same time, she observed herself on television and experienced a resurgence of old boy image difficulties. She was heavier at the time, and reportedly everyone began to criticize her. Kehlani lost her virginity at 17 when she began drinking and partying, got her first tattoos in her senior year, and moved from Oakland to Los Angeles.
- She was then a minor, and after enrolling at Hollywood High, she was removed from the school in handcuffs and placed in a group home.
- Kehlani then returned to Oakland destitute and began struggling to make a living. She took iPhones from people’s hands, as well as shoplifted, robbed residences, and carjacked. Kehlani was physically famished and headed down a treacherous path.
- Nick Cannon, host of America’s Got Talent, then called her out of the blue and encouraged her to join a rap group he was developing in Los Angeles. It appears to be a perfect opportunity for her, but Kehlani quickly discovered that she would be asked to contribute lyrics that she did not compose.
- She disliked the notion and went to the Bay Area dejected, but Nick Cannon called her just a few months later. This time, he asked her to assist with the launch of her solo singing career.
- Nick relocated her to an apartment in the Valley and then travelled to New York for studio sessions with Florida-based pianist and record producer Johann. The legendary producer quickly became Kehlani’s primary collaborator, and she referred to him as her musical soul mate.
Return To Music
- Kehlani returned to Los Angeles to complete her Cloud 19 mixtape, which was released on August 26, 2014. The mixtape was such a great hit that Complex ranked it number 28 on their list of the best albums of the year. The following artists co-signed Kehlani: G-Eazy, PARTYNEXTDOOR, and Chance The Rapper.
- Kehlani completed her first national tour and achieved 10 million SoundCloud plays. She released her second mixtape, You Should Be Here, on April 28, 2015, in 2015.
- That was enough for Atlantic to contract her, and she began production on her debut studio album. Several prominent artists, including Justin Bieber, Pusha T, Post Malone, and Stormzy, began collaborating with her.
- In the same year, she appeared on the lists of Rolling Stone’s Ten New Artists You Need to Know and Complex’s Fifteen Artists to Watch Out for in 2015. In 2016, Kehlani was also nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Urban Contemporary Album.
- Kehlani subsequently collaborated with artist Zayn to create the hit tune Wrong.
- She then released an additional track for the film Suicide Squad, named Gangsta.
- The song went viral, debuted at number 41 on the Hot 100 list, and won her a great deal of professional exposure.
- On January 27, 2017, Kehlani released her studio album SweetSexySavage under the Atlantic label. The album debuted at number one on the R&B Album Charts and reached its highest position on the Billboard 200 at number three.
- The publication of her sophomore album It Was Good Until It Wasn’t three years later was the turning point in her career. The guest appearances included James Blake, Lucky Daye, Tory Lanez, and Masego, among others.
- The album reached number two on the Billboard 200 and featured the smash track “Can I.” On April 29, 2022, Kehlani released her third studio album, Blue Water Road, which features the smash single Altar.
With a net worth of $6 million, Kehlani was able to purchase lavish houses for herself. She resides in a magnificent home in the affluent community of Topanga, California. The musician reportedly spent approximately $1.7 million on this stunning home, according to reports.
Prior to this, she resided in a home in Simi Valley, California. Kehlani listed this property and sold it for around $1.85 million.
Kehlani is also quite popular on social media platforms and has a website.
She has approximately 805k Facebook followers. Similarly, she has around 2.3 million Twitter followers. Additionally, she has approximately 14.1 million Instagram followers.