Declan Elvis Costello, real name Patrick MacManus, is an English singer, songwriter, and producer who is best known for his solo work as well as his collaborations with Elvis Costello and the Attractions. He has received fame and distinction, as well as multiple awards and a nomination for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Elvis Costello Net Worth
What is the Net Worth of Elvis Costello in 2022?
He has established a successful profession and is well-liked. He therefore makes a nice living. As of 2022, he has a net worth of $70 million. Also unclear is his compensation.
View this post on Instagram
Wikis of Elvis Costello
|Full Name:||Elvis Costello|
|Birth Date:||August 25, 1954|
|Wife||Diana Krall (m. 2003-Present)|
|Net Worth||$70 million|
|Salary||Ronan MacManus, Ruari MacManus, Kieran MacManus, Liam MacManus (Brother)|
|Kids||Dexter Henry Lorcan MacManus, Frank Harlan James MacManus, Matthew MacManus (Son)|
Early Life of Elvis Costello: Born, Age, Parents
What is Elvis Costello Age?
Declan Patrick MacManus, better known as Elvis Costello, was born on August 25, 1954, in Paddington, London. He was born in Britain and is of Caucasian white descent.
He was a member of Ross and Lilian’s family at birth. His father was a bandleader and also a musician, which inspired him to follow his passion and helped him establish himself in a field where it is challenging to make a living.
Body Measurements: Height,Weight
What is Elvis Costello Height?
He is a tall man, standing at 5 feet, 10 inches. His weight, however, remains unclear. Black eyes and black hair characterize the singer.
Relationship Status: Affairs
Who is Elvis Costello Wife?
Costello has had three marriages. In 1974, he got his first wife, Mary Burgoyne. Matthew is another son they have. But the marriage ended in divorce in 1984 no time at all.
Bassist Cait O’Riordan and he were married in 1986, two years later. Also short-lived, their marriage ended in divorce in 2002. He also wed jazz pianist and singer Diana Krall in 2003. The couple started dating in the early 2000s. On December 6, 2003, their relationship became a marriage. Dexter Henry Lorcan and Frank Harlan James, their other boys, are identical twins.
- He began his career by collaborating with well-known musicians Malcolm Dennis and Mich Kent. In 1974, they formed “Flip City” in collaboration. However, it didn’t get well-received, and the band broke up the next year.
- Additionally, Costello used to perform at other solo events and make a modest wage to support his family. He recorded demo tapes and wrote various tunes in his spare time. They were instructed to record, but not all of them were able to be successful.
- He made a demo tape and submitted it to the independent record company Stiff Records in 1976. After reading it, Stiff Records was quite pleased with his effort. Nick Lowe signed a contract with him right away.
- Additionally, he had the opportunity to change his name to Elvis Costello. Then he began releasing his albums. He releases “My Aim is True” in 1977, with Nick Lowe serving as producer. The album was a commercially successful release.
- In 1977, the guitarist teams up with Steve Nieve, Bruce Thomas, and Pete Thomas to form their supporting group, “The Attractions.” In 1978, he released ‘This Year’s Model’ as his first single with this group.
View this post on Instagram
Employment after 1978
- In contrast, “Armed Forces” was published in 1979. And other reviewers have given this CD a variety of compliments. More respect is given to it because the lyrics are also sharp and witty.
- Additionally, it includes the tracks “Alison” and “Accidents will happen.” He was inspired to make further unique albums as a result of the success of his earlier albums. Every year, he puts out at least one album. Get Happy!, a 1980s record, is one example. ‘ also had a sound that was distinct from that of its predecessors. As a result, it also receives positive feedback because it incorporates R&B and soul music characteristics.
- He issued the album “Trust” in 1981. But compared to the 1980s, his songs weren’t as popular. However, he continues to make little hits and maintain his reputation.
- Up until 1989, he put out a number of albums, including the unsuccessful “Goodbye Cruel World” in 1984 and “Almost Blue” in 1981.
- He releases the album “Spike” later in 1989. It was also a much better record than many of his earlier ones after a long time. It was also the first one that he and Warner Brothers jointly released. The CD was well-received and a success. It achieved Gold status in the U.K. and the U.S.
- He continues to create albums throughout the 1990s. But in the modern world, he was unable to regain his former fame. But they all take a big knock at once. Speaking of his most recent albums, several to mention include “North” from 2003, “The River in Reverse” from 2006, and “National Ransom” from 2010.
Why did Elvis Costello change his name to Elvis?
Jake Riviera, Costello’s boss at Stiff, advised that Costello, then going by the name D.P. Elvis, start calling me by my first name, Costello. Costello opted to adopt the name, which was directly influenced by Elvis Presley (because why not, right? ), while preserving his stage name, Costello, which was his father’s last name.